Natural Canadian artist Havana, Cuba, was born on February 26, 1960.
In 1980, concludes the study of painting and drawing at the Academy of Fine Arts "San Alejandro".
In 1985 he graduated at the Higher Institute of Art, specializing in Painting.
In 1986 he worked as a professor in the School of Visual Arts "Oscar Fernández Morera" in Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus province.
In 1987 works at the Institute of Industrial Design as Professor of Drawing.
In 1989 working as a specialist at the Center for Environmental Design in Havana.
Since 1995 was a member of the Union of Writers and Artists of Cuba (UNEAC) and in 2003 the Art Foundation Kollectif Media Inc.
Currently a member of the organization Arts Ottawa East, Council of the Arts in Ottawa and the "Ottawa Art Gallery in Ottawa, Canada.
His explorations in painting have always been linked with possible links between music and painting, and, in a particular way, "Images" which is another artistic discipline produces in its subjectivity.
This topic has always been present in the work of the artist since 1983, while a student at ISA, covering his entire career and evolve in different ways, according to the levels of perception in the artist& 39;s sensibility and its specific objectives in its approach to musical phenomenon.
Exhibitions, fairs and other events
- 1979 - Travelling Exhibition in Europe.
- 1984-1 ra Havana Biennial. Gallery "L", Ciudad de La Habana.
- 1985 - Faculty of Arts and Letters. University of Havana.
- 1987 - Exhibition of Teachers. Superior Institute of Industrial Design.
- 1989 - Exhibition "INTERART." Poland.
- 1990 - Inauguration Gallery "La Acacia". La Habana.
- 1991 - "70 years of Cuban Painting." Poliforum "Siqueiros." Mexico.
- 1992 - Auction at the Center for Cuban Studies in New York.
- 1993 - Feria de Sevilla. Spain.
- 1997 - Exhibition of Contemporary Cuban Art. Madrid, Spain.
- 1998 - "Terra Gallery." Wuppertal. Germany.
- 1998 - XXV Anniversary of the Latin American Commission of Civil Aviation. Mexico.
- 1999 - "With a Little Love." Provincial Center of Visual Arts and Design. La Habana.
- 2000 - design and decoration work for the Catholic Immigration Centre. Ottawa. Canada.
- 2001 - design and decoration work with Simon Clark for the "Tulip Festival". (In the study by David Caition and Mark Marsters) Ottawa. Canada.
- 2003 - Art Auction to raise funds for the "Ottawa Outaouais Social Forum, held in the" Babylon Night Club, Ottawa.
- 2003 - It is member of the board of directors of "Art Kollectif Media Foundation Inc." and participates in the preparation of the celebration of "Studio One Grand Finale" working on promotional graphics and the art auction and other activities.
- 2005 - First Annual Mayor& 39;s Art. Ottawa City Hall. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2005 - Christmas Sale at the Community Center "The Glebe." Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2006 - Exhibition collect "Plein Air Canada" at the Art Rental and Sales. The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG).
- 2006 - Exposition collective disturbance "Can You Take the Heat?" In the Art Rental and Sales at The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG).
- 2006 - Exposition collective disturbance Nomad Gallery& 39;s "Earth Tribe" in The Electric Gallery. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2006 - Exhibition collect "NOVUS" in the Art Rental and Sales at The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG).
- 2006 - "PREVIEW". Exhibition collectibles different artists from Ottawa, Toronto, Nanaimo and Surrey at the grand opening of Parkdale Gallery. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2007 - "New Canadians". Parkdale Gallery. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2007 - "SUMMER FAIR." The Ottawa Art Gallery (OAG). Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 2009 - "Art of Giving" / Expo Collective. Patrick John Mills Contemporary Fine Art Gallery. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 1984 - Center for Research and Development of Cuban Music. Havana.
- 1985 - "From Music to Canvas". Cuban Fund of Cultural Wealth. (FCBC) in Havana.
- 1986 - Gallery "universal art." Trinidad, Cuba.
- Gallery "Wifredo Lam." La Habana.
- Gallery of Industrial Design Institute. La Habana.
- 1991 - "Do& 39;s" Galleries "La Acacia" and "Havana." La Habana.
- 1995 - "The Time, Music, Painting, Frederic Chopin Polish Embassy. La Habana.
- 1999 - III International Exhibition "Cubadisco 99. Pabexpo. La Habana.
- "Ad Lib". Hotel Nacional de Cuba. La Habana.
- 2000 - "Ad Lib". Visual Arts Centre, Orleans. Ontario. Canada.
- "Cerejido& 39;s Selected Works." 4 Jeudis Au café. " Hull. Quebec. Canada.
- 2004 - scenic design for The Black Sheep Stage for the Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest 2004. Ottawa. Canada.
- 2005 - "Trails: Music and magic." Cumberland Gallery, Orleans. Ontario. Canada.
- 2005 - "Selected paintings by Miguel Cerejido." The Dovercourt Gallery. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- 1986 - 1st Prize in Painting. "V Salon UNEAC." Sancti Spiritus, Cuba.
- Painting Prize. Provincial Meeting of Paisajes.Sancti Spiritus, Cuba.
- 1998 - 2nd Prize in Painting Competition of the Civil Aeronautics Institute of Cuba.
- 2002 - Artist of the Month "Digital Color"-January 2003. Digital Consciousness Art Database.
- 2004 - July 2004 Award for "Best Ambiance" award from The Ottawa Citizen at the design stage for Black Sheep in the Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest 2004.